Sunday, December 20, 2009

The last 2 weeks of food

Marinated Italian salad- this was okay, but definately not on the favorites list. It was fine the first time we ate it, but we quickly tired of it and I through the rest away last night. I doubt I'll ever make it again

Chicken Alfredo- I could feel my arteries clogging as I made this dish. The recipe claimed to make for 2, so I tripled it. we did NOT need to triple it. A little bit went a long way. I think it fed us all 2 or 3 times. It turned out a little more liquidy than we expected (is that even a word?). I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but we had expected it to be thicker. Jared thought it was good overall, so I may have to make it again even though I swore I wouldn't while I was adding all those fattening ingredients. The older girls seemed to enjoy it also.

Red Pepper Soup- Jared said this was "interesting" and a little too thick (did I do something wrong again?) This did not make the family favorite list. While lecturing Bella about keeping her comments to herself (disgusting was repeated more than once), I told the other girls that applied to them also. Xandy said "I am keeping my comments to myself". Jared asked if that meant she had comments. She replied "Yeah, but I can't tell them to you or I'll get in trouble!" I couldn't help but chuckle. Once again, I didn't think it was that bad. I seem to have opposite tastes than my family. I could do without all the cream though. The person who put together this cookbook really likes cream and sugar. Not very ideal for someone struggling to lose weight. Interestingly, this recipe was found in the Valentine: Dinner for two section. Jared said it should be called the "remain chaste valentines meal". After eating that soup with all the garlic and onion, he doesn't think there will be too much snuggling and kissing!

Stuffed Mushrooms- I LOVE stuffed mushrooms. That being said, this recipe was not one of my favorites. It was good, its hard to go wrong with me and mushrooms, but I've had some I like a lot better. I would make this and serve it to others, if I didn't have other ingredients on hand, but I would prefer some of the other kinds I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment