Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mushroom Galore

My family was overwhelmed by the number of mushrooms on their plate Sunday night. Being the mushroom lover I am, I was ecstatic.

Chicken Artichoke Casserole- This was pretty easy to make. I was excited to try it since I love chicken, artichokes, and mushrooms. I have to admit that it disappointed me though. I'm not sure why, but it was not my favorite. Since it had so much cream in it, I had a hard time eating it for left-overs. I'm trying to lose weight so I try not to eat rich foods, especially when they don't taste great to me.

Marinated Mushrooms- Holy Cow, this made A LOT of mushrooms BUT they were delicious!!!!!! I really enjoyed this recipe. Simple and easy but great tasting. This would be a great appetizer to take to a party, potluck, etc. Since no one else like them, I shared with some friends. My friend Liz could not give enough compliments about them. Definitely going to remember this in the future!

Caramel Pecan Cheesecake- What can I say? Cheesecake, yum! I liked the crust on this cheesecake. The graham cracker/pecan mixture tasted great and was pretty easy to make. I made some cheesecakes over the Holidays and the crusts were harder and messier to make and didn't taste as good. The filling was pretty simple too, especially compared to marble cheesecakes. This was a big hit with my family and tasted even better the next day.

Sorry, no pictures. I'm anxious to hear what others thought. Post away!! (Tonya and Melissa we need to add you so you can post)

No comments:

Post a Comment